More about us
First, a brief introduction
Front Porch Refillery is a small, low-waste delivery service in Stouffville that brings refillable household + body products right to your door - waste free. Our mission is to help our community decrease waste and live more sustainably. We know first-hand that going low-waste can be daunting. That's why we are committed to making it convenient and accessible for you with free delivery and refilling of your own (or our) containers!
Stouffville Tribune article on Front Porch Refillery here.
Kristen on The Inner Circle (Impact Zero) Podcast. Listen here.
What started it all
When we started our own low-waste journey, it was shocking to realize just how much plastic waste we produced. What was even more disappointing to learn was that recycling rates aren't what we expected. Then, we watched CBC Marketplace's Tracking your plastic: Exposing recycling myths. This sparked our interest in avoiding packaging all-together and we started using refilleries. However, we had to drive 30 minutes to the nearest one (which is not convenient, nor environmentally friendly!). So, we decided to bring refilling to our town and surrounding areas.
Here is a picture of me (Kristen!), Jon (my helpful husband) and our (not quite as helpful but very cute) kids at a Pop Up Shop.
At Front Porch Refillery, we will...
1. Decrease waste by:
- offering bulk products
- sourcing locally as much as possible
- partnering with suppliers who will refill our bulk containers
- offer plastic-free alternatives to everyday products
2. Carry quality products that have natural, effective and sustainable ingredients. Our products are effective without any harsh chemicals. This is important not only for the safety of you and your family, but also the wellness of our environment.
3. Foster community. We strongly believe living low-waste requires a strong sense of community. We hope to be a positive example of low-waste living in Stouffville/Uxbridge/Markham and to encourage community participation in sustainable living initiatives.